The prestige of brass is due to its look and high resistance to corrosion, which make it the ideal material for high-level architecture. Brombal uses OT67 alloy in which a high percentage of copper (67%) determines the high resistance to corrosion, while the remaining percentage of zinc *33%) improves its mechanical properties, such as hardness and tensile strength. The typical feature of this allow is to naturally oxidize when in contact with air, while keeping unchanged its physical features, to obtain that particular antique bronze finishing that makes it ideal for prestigious refurbishment and environments such as the marine environments.
After the coil stock is cut and rolled into the frame sections it undergoes a heat treatment. This prevents the sections from potential cracking as it relieves the stress applied during the rolling process. The resulting product is the highest quality bronze available in the fenestration industry.
- Thermally broken.
- High quality materials resulting in the most natural looking patina.
- Easily replicates historical bronze for a perfect restoration.
- Great resistance to the elements (air, wind & water).
- 100% recycled material.
- Ideal for areas where landmark approval is required.
- Available with matching bronze hardware.