APPROPRIATE FOR ANY STYLE
Awning windows open out from the bottom, letting air circulate freely while providing a unique protective shield to keep rain out.
You can order Loewen Awning windows single, stacked, side-by-side or matched with fixed windows — letting you create the look and function you need. Loewen Awning windows are available in the Push Out style with quick release sashes or with roto gear operators, both of which provide heavy-duty sash locks that provide a snug, weather tight seal and outstanding thermal performance. (Push Out Awning illustrated)
- Suitable for any architectural style
- Concealed locking system with the Roto Gear operator
- Effective ventilator, “spilling” hot air and generating air circulation
- Excellent sound attenuation properties
- Optimal thermal performance
- Natural, clear Douglas Fir interior (no visible finger joints)
- Frame construction designed for 4 9/16” (116 mm) jamb
- Insulated impact glazing with 1/2” (12 mm) airspace
- Roto gear or push out operator and concealed sash locks
- Extruded aluminum cladding in 54 different standard and architectural palette colors, with 70% kynar and AAMA 2605 certification, or a choice of either 5 metallic finishes, 6 anodized finishes or an unlimited quantity of custom match colors.
- Extensive double weatherstripping system for a durable, form-fitting seal
- Insect screens with High Transparency mesh
Traditional and Mission®
Mission® bottom rail is 3 1/16″ (78 mm) tall as compared to a 2 1/2″ bottom rail.
Both traditional roto gear and push out come with both standard or Mission bottom rail options.
Roto Gear, Push Out and Matching Fixed
Square and Rectangular
SCREENS ON OPERABLE WINDOWS
Choice of no screens, Metal Frame, Wood Frame
Roto gear screens are aluminum, wood or retractable.
Push out screens are hinged or retractable.
SCREEN FRAME COLOR AND MATERIAL
Choice of Bronze, Sandstone, Linen, White, Clay, Sandlewood, Chestnut Brown, Tuscany Brown.
Wood: Mahogany Frame
- Insulated impact with 1/2″ (12mm) air space
- Optional upgrades include LowE 272, LowE 366, LowE Sun 240 or tint
SIMULATED DIVIDED LITES (SDLs)
SDLs (Simulated Divided Lites) are also known as muntins or grilles. Loewen’s SDLs includes applied muntins to the glass on both interior and exterior as well as an internal spacer between the glass.
- Simulated Divided Lites (SDLs) are available in 3/4″, 1 1/8″ and 2″ widths
- Standard for SDLs is to have internal spacers where possible