It’s no wonder the Casement is one of the most popular window styles in North America. Loewen prides itself on having an outstanding Casement window, made even better by our long list of quality features: Douglas Fir, double-strength glass, extruded aluminum and 54 Kynar based metal clad paint colors to name just a few. See the Product Features section for more details.
Part of what makes our Casement special is the wide variety we offer. Loewen makes two types of operators for the impact market: Push Out and Roto Gear, and two styles of Casement windows: Traditional and Mission.
All Loewen Casement windows feature authentic stile and rail sash corner joinery — no weak miter joints to rob your window of its aesthetic and structural integrity.
- Optimal thermal performance
- Exceptional sound attenuation characteristics
- Standard Loewen Traditional Casements measure to a Sound Transmission Coefficient (STC) of 40 when built with insulated laminated glass and LowE. This is exceptionally high for Casement windows and speaks of the product’s high level of fit and finish
- Opportunity for large, unobstructed views
- Concealed single-lever locking system for added security and weatherproofing. Apart from providing a secure lock, the concealed locks on Loewen Casements are flush with the frame edge and blend into the segment for an unobtrusive, clean appearance — won’t snag drapes and the low mounting position makes them easy to reach and operate
- Folding crank handle on roto gear casements allows window treatments to hang freely
- Natural, clear Douglas Fir interior (no visible finger joints)
- Frame construction designed for 4 9/16” (116 mm) jamb
- Insulated impact glazing with 1/2” (12 mm) airspace
- Roto gear operator and concealed sash locks available in standard bronze, sandstone and linen and a range of optional finishes
- Extruded aluminum cladding in 54 different of Standard and Architectural Palette colors with 70% kynar and AAMA 2605 certification, or a choice of either 5 metallic finishes, 6 anodized finishes or an unlimited quantity of custom match colors
- Interior is also available primed
- Extensive weatherstripping system for a durable, form-fitting seal
- Insect screens with High Transparency mesh
Mission® bottom rail is 3 1/16″ (78 mm) tall as compared to a 2 1/2″ bottom rail for a standard bottom rail.
Both traditional roto gear and push out come with both standard or Mission bottom rail options.
Roto Gear, Push Out and Matching Fixed
Numerous Shape options including Square, Rectangular, Quarter Round, Full Round and Camber Top
CASING AND SILL NOSE OPTIONS
2″ Brickmould, 3 1/2″ Flat Casing, Nose & Cove Casing, Adams Casing, Williamsburg Casing, Standard Sill Nose, BC Sill Nose, Heritage Sill Nose Click here to see drawings of the above options.
SCREENS ON OPERABLE WINDOWS
Choice of no screens, Aluminum Frame, Wood Frame and Retractable
SCREEN FRAME COLOR AND MATERIAL
Aluminum Frames: Bronze, Sandstone, Linen, Tuscany Brown, Black and Brushed Aluminum
Wood Frames: Dougles Fir and Mahogany
- Insulated impact with 1/2″ (12mm) air space
- Optional upgrades include LowE 272, LowE 366, LowE Sun 240 or tint
SIMULATED DIVIDED LITES (SDLs)
Simulated Divided Lites (SDLs) are also knowns as muntins or grilles. Loewen’s SDLs include applied muntins to the glass on both interior and exterior as well as an internal spacer between the glass.
- Simulated Divided Lites (SDLs) are available in 3/4″, 1 1/8″ and 2″ widths
- Standard for SDLs is to have internal spacers where possible