PICTURE PERFECT PICTURE WINDOWS
Loewen Picture windows are designed to give you maximum views with a minimum of wood framework. Picture windows, of course, do not open. But you can create the ideal combination of view and ventilation by pairing them with operable Loewen windows.
Loewen offers Picture windows with 1 3/8″ (35mm) thick jambs (“jamb” refers to the vertical frame segment) and a 1 3/8” (35 mm) thick sill (horizontal bottom segment). This 1 3/8” (35 mm) offers increased strength and the ability to contain Simulated Divided Lite bars to match those on adjoining or adjacent windows and doors.
Also, 1 3/8” (35 mm) Picture units offer a matching jamb for situations where operating windows — Awning for example — are ganged together with Pictures. Jamb sight lines are aligned and an integrated overall appearance is achieved.
- Available in numerous shapes and styles
- Clean architectural look
- 35 mm jamb to match all other Loewen windows and French doors
- Natural, clear Douglas Fir interior (no visible finger joints)
- Frame construction designed for 4 9/16” (116 mm) jamb
- Insulated impact glazing with 1/2” (12 mm) airspace
- Extruded aluminum cladding in a variety of Standard and Architectural Palette colors as well as metallic and anodized finishes
35 mm (1 3/8”) Picture, also know as a Direct Set.
Numerous options including Square, Rectangular, Arched, Round and Oval
CASING AND SILL NOSE OPTIONS
2″ Brickmould, 3 1/2″ Flat Casing, Nose & Cove Casing, Adams Casing, Williamsburg Casing, Standard Sill Nose, BC Sill Nose, Heritage Sill Nose
Click here to see drawings of the above options.
- Insulated impact with 1/2″ (12mm) air space
- Optional upgrades include LowE 272, LowE 366, LowE Sun 240 or tint
SIMULATED DIVIDED LITES (SDLs)
SDLs (Simulated Divided Lites) are also known as muntins or grilles. Loewen’s SDL includes applied muntins to the glass on both interior and exterior as well as an internal spacer between the glass.
- Simulated Divided Lites (SDLs) are available in 3/4″, 1 1/8″ and 2″ widths
- Standard for SDLs is to have internal spacers where possible