From time-honored architectural details to authentic, luxury-grade hardware, the new Loewen Double Hung window has been designed to complement the depth and character of the traditional North American home.
- Hidden jamb liner with no exposed vinyl, tilt latches and sash stops
- Flush narrow checkrail and square frame edges
- Authentic, luxury grade hardware in a variety of finishes
- Historic tall bottom rail (3 1/2”) that replicates historical architecture
- Archetypal casing profiles including Adams, Williamsburg, 3 1/2″ Flat and 2″ Brickmould Nose & Cove options
- Classic sill nosings and sub sills including Standard, BC, and 2” Heritage options
We’ve combined superior strength and durability with leading manufacturing techniques and innovative efficiency options to deliver a window that not only enhances the look of your residence, but also delivers the progressive performance it deserves.
- Innovative balance system allows windows to open and close smoothly
- Integrated structural sill block and metal nailing flange allows for enhanced moisture management and maximum protection against water infiltration
- Thermally broken aluminum sill for maximum energy efficiency
- Integrated profiled glazing leg
- Extruded aluminum cladding
- Authentic stile and rail aesthetics
- Hidden corner and sill keys
- Full and half-screen options
- Jamb jacks for improved site installation
- Removable jamb covers for serviceability
- Liberty (non-tilting) option available with removable stops on all impact units
- Impact tested (Liberty option)
- Unified jamb tracks
Double Hung and Single Hung
Operable and Matching Fixed
Square, Rectangular, Half Round and Camber Top
CASING AND SILL NOSE OPTIONS
Williamsburg Casing, Adams Casing, 3 1/2″ Casing, Nose and Cove Casing, 2″ BM, Standard Sill Nose, BC Sill Nose, Heritage Sill Nose
Click here to see drawings of the above options.
Double Hung locks, keepers, and sash lifts are available in standard colors of linen, bronze, sandstone and black. Upgrade options include black, bright brass, antique brass, brushed chrome, satin nickel and oil rubbed bronze.
- Simulated Divided Lites (SDLs) available in 3/4″, 1 1/8″ and 2″ widths
- Standard for SDLs to have internal spacers, where possible
SIMULATED DIVIDED LITES (SDLs)
SDLs (Simulated Divided Lites) are also known as muntins or grilles. Loewen’s SDL includes applied muntins to the glass on both interior and exterior as well as an internal spacer between the glass.
- Insulated impact with 1/2″ (12mm) air space
- Optional upgrades include LowE 272, LowE 366, LowE Sun 240 or tint